Angels Online Today: 0    Total Posts: 134594

Total:#5

Create Thread

[General Discussion] 2 billion gold

[Copy link] 4/250

Posted on 2022-01-12 17:51:33 | Show thread starter's posts only

Your character cannot hold more than 2 billion gold. If you perform actions that would make your character have more than 2 billion coins, the amount by which 2 billion is exceeded will disappear.

A programmer might know that a 32 bit signed integer overflows a little bit above 2 billion.

While playing you see it all the time that players complete the achievement "2 billion gold" so you might assume it's safe to have at least a little more. Well, no it isn't and I lost about 70 million gold to this. So I make a guide that others can find and not lose 70 million ingame gold. You can hold exactly 2 billion but not a single coin more.

What you do to circumvent this programming error is that you can buy angelic vouchers. You need to make sure your character never earns more than 2 billion gold. The vouchers will take some space in your bag but at least you can have the money.

The angelic vouchers are used by players who are aware of this bug. They come in 10 million and 100 million denominations. You can buy it from NPC near the banker in each city. Look for "Voucher Angel". He can also convert your vouchers between different denominations and convert it back to gold.

Often you see stalls selling items that are clearly worth more than 2 billion and the price shown is 2 billion.
I don't know what would happen if I held 2 billion on my character and tried to buy such an item.
I don't want to try, having seen what happened to my 70 million gold by which I exceeded 2 billion. Comment below if you have tried or you know from other sources.

So beware, there is no integer overflow in AO gold, it will simply be taken from you with no compensation. Exactly 2 billion is okay. A single coin more is taken from your character without compensation.

Signature
Posted on 2022-01-13 07:01:22 | Show thread starter's posts only

Should add picture n npc picture location so it would be easy for new player

Signature
Come back??
Posted on 2022-01-13 20:10:38 | Show thread starter's posts only

Did you farm with 2b in inventory? Not sure how else you managed to lose any gold, every time I go over 2b it says that my character cannot hold that much gold and the transaction fails. This goes for trading, stall purchases, bank withdrawls, selling stuff to vendors.

Signature
Posted on 2022-01-13 20:26:41 | Show thread starter's posts only

No need to worry about this. You can't buy a 2 billion item from a stall if the seller has a single gold in inventory. 

As Reiwarn mentioned, if you're farming while having 2 billion in inventory then you will not get gold. 

You can also put money into your bank. It holds 2 billion as well.

Angelic vouchers were introduced a few years ago. Before that people used the high level glue for trading big values.

Signature
Name in the sky, does it ever get lonely?
Posted on 2022-01-15 09:35:12 | Show thread starter's posts only

I lost the cash that would be payout from producer orders.
Thanks for the info about trading.  I will later add the pictures of the npcs.

Signature