Angels Online Today: 1    Total Posts: 127543

Total:#6

Create Thread

[General Discussion] After 8 years of not playing, I'm back but with a problem

[Copy link] 5/350

Posted on 2018-10-02 21:00:17 | Show thread starter's posts only

I recently got a windows 10 laptop 64bit. I have tried to run it as admin and compatibility mode to other windows version but still nothing, I also tried multilauncher that I found here in the forums but still nothing. 

Here is my problem: after pressing start game in launcher it just stucks to that, no window comes up, no game appears in my screen. The launcher disappears and nothing happens after that. I haven't reach to the log-in screen since I downloaded the game, I haven't seen anything from the old game to begin with because nothing comes up. But whenever I check in it the task manager it says ANGEL (32 bit) so the game is running but not showing. 

Anyone who can help me? I was just a teenager when I played this game years ago and I want to relive the experience. Thanks alot!

--edit 
If anyone asks I assure you my laptop specs is not the problem, it is a new laptop that can run GTA V and latest CoD titles

--edit2
I copy and pasted the whole game folder to another laptop and it runs with minimal problem there, it is a windows 8 64bit. This and reinstalling of the game lead me to believe that this matter is not an installation problem.

--edit3
I included a photo of what I meet/don't meet every time I run the game, I hope it'll help you understand the situation more

Signature
Posted on 2018-10-02 21:53:06 | Show thread starter's posts only

"laptop" seen this 100 times with laptops so try this..

Edit your midage and change the screen mode, some laptops have problems with the screen size...

Signature
Posted on 2018-10-03 00:28:19 | Show thread starter's posts only

Thanks for your reply AlanMackie, I tried what changing it to 1 but still nothing. 

After pressing the start game button, nothing shows up. I tried waiting for 30 minutes without doing anything and eventually it showed that ANGEL.DAT is not responding

Signature
Posted on 2018-10-03 04:02:18 | Show thread starter's posts only

Please check so you don't have it set as if you have more than 1 screen going - one time I succeeded in having my laptop think it had 2 screens and it ran some programs but showed it in the other screen.

Signature
Posted on 2018-10-03 09:11:30 | Show thread starter's posts only

Laptops Stink!

Signature
Posted on 2018-10-06 06:59:30 | Show thread starter's posts only

Hello,
Are you still having trouble starting AO?
Make a shortcut to desktop from the START application directly :\Program Files (x86)\Angels Online\START.EXE.

Right click properties on the shortcut, and set up your Compatibility mode. 
''Change settings for all users".

Check mark on these boxes:
Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows XP (service pack 2)
Run this program as administrator

Also run the compatibility troubleshooter. 
Check to make sure your setting in the actual Angels Online folder Start.exe file is the same.

Hope it works. It should run on Windows 10 laptop and touchscreen tablet even. xD

Signature