Angels Online Today: 5    Total Posts: 122903

Total:#7

Create Thread

[General Discussion] casting time

[Copy link] 6/332

Posted on 2017-09-13 08:51:47 | Show thread starter's posts only

can anyone explain me the casting time mechanisms with curse and assault stances?
will there be a difference if i lose curse and stick with killer intent 4? i have a buffer so i would really like the quickest option.

Signature
Posted on 2017-09-13 13:07:54 | Show thread starter's posts only

I'm not sure how much casting time Curse reduces but it's constant (does not change). SM/KI reduces casting time by a flat amount, depending on the rank of your skill. 

Having KI4, for instance, takes off 1.0s casting time from all your skills, making most of them instant. This is your best option.

*For a healer/buffer it would be best to have both curse & assault.

Signature

iSakura Alluka
Lv297
Zeus Gaea Thanatos

Posted on 2017-09-13 14:39:47 | Show thread starter's posts only

As far as I know curse stacks with all skills and this is not only and advantage when you pvp but also when you level.  It's going to be interesting when the new skills for staff hit comes out

Mackie 279

Signature
Posted on 2017-09-13 15:40:34 | Show thread starter's posts only

Quickest Option = Curse + Assault (Killer Intent IV)

Curse and Assault does stack and the casting time is really low. I would recommend.

Signature
Posted on 2017-09-13 16:04:28 | Show thread starter's posts only

Curse decreases the casting time to 50%. Assault skill such as shadow meld decreases on a certain amount and not a %. As far as i can remember shadow meld decrease 1.6 for lv 4. Not really sure of the exact details now as it no longer matters. For healer its best for you to get both and for main character. Killer intent is a must. No need for you to have curse

Signature
Posted on 2017-09-13 17:55:57 | Show thread starter's posts only

If you are life/earth, curse+assault  is highly recommended. As for chaos and wraith mages you don't need curse, assault is enough.

Signature
Posted on 2017-09-14 15:22:02 | Show thread starter's posts only

Vestment adds +1 casting time, mantle adds +2 casting time and garment adds +3 casting time.

Curse reduces casting time by 1 second nullifying the cast time from vestment but it does not reduce the casting time from skills.

Example, pheonix fire has a casting time of 1 second(however also has an animation delay of 0.5 secondds, this means +1 second casting time from spell, +1 second casting time from vestment and minus 1 second from curse.
equation looking like;    1+(1-1) = 1 second.

However with assault and curse it reduces casting time from the actual spell, but when the casting time reaches 0 it will cast automatically ignoring vestment casting time.

looking like (1-1(=0)) + (1-1(0)) = -2 meaning a total of -2 second casting time with both curse and vestment casting spells that would take two seconds to cast like the spell crit ability to cast instantly.

without curse and with assault. results in more difficult to calculate cast time.
any spell with a cast time under 1 second will be cast instantly assuming you are using vestment, but using mantle will result in a 1 second cast time on spells unless classified as instantly cast. So assuming vestment with assault with a 2.5 cast time spell.

(2.5-1) + 1 = 2.5 cast time still because you no longer receive the benefit from curse, this is why purely support classes that wish to help in pvp are recommended to have both curse and assault because support abilities tend to have long cast times.

Animation delays on abilities can be useful in comboing, for example a wraith chaos mage can use the animation delay on forbidden curse to instantly cast explosive shell, to instead regain higher mana and health from the damage from explosive shell before the damage from forbidden curse returns.

Curse does not work with stance cast times, only assault works with stance cast times.

Signature