Angels Online Today: 0    Total Posts: 134585

Total:#9

Create Thread

[General Discussion] Change Mantle for Garment?

[Copy link] 8/3765

Posted on 2013-01-01 10:35:33 | Show thread starter's posts only

I have read 3leven's guides again and got curious. Should I change Mantle for Garment?

Signature
Posted on 2013-01-01 11:37:51 | Show thread starter's posts only

Absolutely yes.  When you attack you do not poke anymore use spells/stances.  Also at low level better defense makes it easier to be bow.

P.S.  Drop Finesse also replace with spear you get ST and the spear buffs assuming you ok switching weapons if not still drop Finesse and add Assault to double affect of avatar and have natural skilling.

[ Last edited by Grimco at 1-1-2013 16:17 ]

Signature
Posted on 2013-01-01 11:39:00 | Show thread starter's posts only

You mean Assault. ^^.
Yes, I was also thinking of dropping Finesse for Spear. I will do that then. ^^.

Signature
Posted on 2013-01-02 03:25:36 | Show thread starter's posts only

Its,ok but you'll get killed by mages.Though,I myself mage get killed by archer so easily silence fs5...Yeah Fucked lol.

Signature
Posted on 2013-01-02 03:28:29 | Show thread starter's posts only

In my personal opinion, take axe for spear,finesse for assault, and keep mantle. That build is a beast.

Signature
Barthello
Pegasus
Posted on 2013-01-02 17:32:58 | Show thread starter's posts only

many opinions on a questions like yours.  Sure you get a lot of bad and good advice.  When I take advice I consider the source.  3leven was a great player until someone as good comments I would go with his advice.  Or if the nature of the game changes due to new skills or classes.  I think he gave real reason why to explain his opinion rather than a meaningless opinion response without any reasoning.

[ Last edited by watertype26 at 1-2-2013 18:34 ]

Signature
Posted on 2013-01-02 19:53:03 | Show thread starter's posts only

Based on some old posts, 3leven's main reasoning for picking Garment over Mantle was that when pvp'ing at higher levels, most of the damage comes from physical damage (especially with the fact that most mages are actually hybrids nowadays) or elemental damage, hence making Spell Defense less important.

As a personal choice, I'd pick Garment. But really, it's up to you... there's no wrong choice here, just a matter of preference. Mantle can be really good at higher levels (below level 100 it's junk though xP), but it takes more skill exp than Garment to level up, so don't let it discourage you.
But what most of us agree is that Finesse has little use for your build (only swordies need it), so change it for Assault or Spear.

Signature
Posted on 2013-01-02 22:24:04 | Show thread starter's posts only

Change it for Garment, garment give you more def and Mantle is shitty.
~350

Signature
Posted on 2013-01-02 23:13:01 | Show thread starter's posts only

Is def the only important defensive stats?.....why do some people make it seem as if def is the only important stat
Anyways it is up to you..if you want balanced stats you can go with mantle..

Signature