Angels Online Today: 0    Total Posts: 134585

Total:#6

Create Thread

[General Discussion] Steel Rain or Rapid Strike

[Copy link] 5/4615

Posted on 2013-01-01 04:22:44 | Show thread starter's posts only

Well today I decided to change my build because I decided I needed a way to improve my character and chose steel rain over rapid strike and all the spear buffs, real reason is im too lazy to skill spear to lv 163 I think skilling bow to 133 would be faster

My Build Now: Wraith, Chaos, Bow, Curse, Avatar, Vestment

My spear lv is 113, and bow is lv 63

If you were in my position what would u choose rapid strike or steel rain/ which is better in your opinion

Just want some opinions no one is right and no one is wrong :)

Signature
Posted on 2013-01-01 04:28:17 | Show thread starter's posts only

off-topic:
~cough~ switch curse to assualt ~cough~
On-topic:
For a mage I prefer steel rain. For one reason, and one reason only. All hits hit at once. The reason that is better? You can have recovery shield on AB, hit fury attack and SR, after it hits AB should activate recovery shield again.
Rapid strike even with it being spaced out and able to destroy a defense clone does not work well with a mage because a mage is squishy. If you activate fury it leaves you with it on for to long.

Signature
Posted on 2013-01-01 04:37:17 | Show thread starter's posts only

I've been wanting to change curse for assault for  a long time now, but I feel like I wont be able to pvp for months and I like to pvp on a daily basis well if I change avatar for assault I guess I can pvp still, since I only use clone for 1 sec in pvp since it dies instantly

and good point as a mage we already at a disadvantage with defense and -16% defense could lead to our downfall

Also what do you think I should take out for assault ? im thinking about avatar but im open to suggestions

[ Last edited by hams4all at 1-1-2013 05:43 ]

Signature
Posted on 2013-01-01 05:08:13 | Show thread starter's posts only

When i switched I switched avatar to assault and then later switched curse to avatar. The added damage percent is worth it imo. Especially at later levels when you just use fc to AB constantly.

I have recovery shield 5 and fury attack 5.. So it is a 62% damage taken increase to me :/ Not fun at all.

Signature
Posted on 2013-01-01 09:36:28 | Show thread starter's posts only

Here is another thought more details from 3leven
http://forum.ao.igg.com/viewthread.php?tid=54068&page=6#pid945169

Go with Bow as those buffs cannot be put on you; however this assumes your buffer healer should have spear.

Hear is detail of benefits again from 3leven
http://forum.ao.igg.com/viewthre ... 8&page=23#pid949339

[ Last edited by IAxelU at 1-1-2013 10:53 ]

Signature
Posted on 2013-01-02 03:27:49 | Show thread starter's posts only

I changed curse to assault thinking of what you thought too.Yeah,got problem with pvp too.
Try removing avatar.Add it if the assault goes 126.

Signature