Angels Online Today: 0    Total Posts: 24153

Total:#5

Create Thread

[Guides and Tutorials] START.EXE has stopped working ALTERNATIVE SOLUTION

[Copy link] 4/3365

Posted on 2016-01-01 22:30:27 | Show thread starter's posts only

So, if you are among the select group of AO players who can't open the START.EXE(majority on Windows 10), and can not restore your system (solution found and made available in forum) I bring to you an alternative solution, which does not correct the problem, but it makes it possible to play.

1. Download and install Angels Online.
2. Download the most recent patch from: http://ao.igg.com/download/downloadpatch.php and install in your AO folder.
3. Download the AO Multi-Client Quick Launcher: http://forum.ao.igg.com/viewthread.php?tid=47182 and extract to your AO folder.
4. Open AO Quick Launcher and put the number of clients you want to open.
5. Enjoy Angels Online.

I hope I can help someone who has this problem.
Hugs and Happy New Year Everyone!

[ Last edited by mvferreira at 1-2-2016 01:24 ]

Signature
Posted on 2016-01-02 07:29:22 | Show thread starter's posts only

btw what if even my launcher error.. i mean when i tried logging in one serv it errors, but in other servs it doesn't?

for example.. when i log in in thanatos.. i always get the error but in chronos it's normal.. damn..

same account :( FCKK.. I hate this..

[ Last edited by CaptianEddy51 at 1-2-2016 07:35 ]

Signature
Posted on 2016-01-02 07:48:20 | Show thread starter's posts only

for ur error try this

righr click on ur ao icon -> properties -> comparitiblity -> set it to windows XP (or any other that will work for u)
its working for me on windows 7.

i also made screenshots maybe it will be more easy to see how to do it.

Also im not the one who found this solution...all credits goes to misteryowrath21

Signature
Posted on 2016-01-02 11:24:47 | Show thread starter's posts only

this is not a 100% effective solution. There are some ppl that cant update the client without running the patch as admin. This means that they wont be able to play AO in it's latest version if they are not running the client as admin wich quicklaunch does not do.

Signature
Posted on 2016-01-02 23:30:21 | Show thread starter's posts only

Sorry if I couldn't help you .. maybe try to go in start.exe and properties, compatibility and leave the "run as admin" box checked.

and then try to run quicklauncher as admin too

Signature