Angels Online Today: 0    Total Posts: 24153

Total:#13

Create Thread

[Guides and Tutorials] AO Weapon Calculator

[Copy link] 12/6777

Posted on 2015-07-31 18:24:06 | Show thread starter's posts only

I've recently got tired of pulling up my calculator and doing the maths to tell people what their weapon would be if they 10x'd it, or max fused or w/e so I decided to put my programming experience to work and I made a tool.

It's pretty simple, there will be more updates to come with others telling me problems/suggestions.
Step 1. You open it up and it looks something like this

Step 2.Then you go get the stats of the weapon you wanna check. For this example I'm using my 210top sword.

Step 3.Then you get the Max green bonus of the weapon you want.

Step 4.Then you put the info into the tool

Step 5.Then you choose what pimped options you want, for this case I'ma do 10x max fuse

Step 6.I also have all normal runes lvl 120-230 in the tool, I'll choose 5 orange 210 runes

Step 7.Now hit calculate and you should see your results.

Now as you can see the attaack on my 210top sword 10/5 max fuse and alil off max atk has only 83 atk less than what it is showing

I cannot promise 100% accuracy for the tool, I have tested with a 210 top sword, 210top staff, 215z bow, and 205top bow, all have gotten dead on.
You must put the MAX green hammer atk(shown in the range or on zionic of that level weapon) in the hammer slot or else it will not calculate correctly.

Here is the download, though I am going to hide it for now until a forum moderator can verify it's not dangerous

[ Last edited by TomatoAndCheese at 8-1-2015 04:05 ]

Signature
Posted on 2015-07-31 18:43:06 | Show thread starter's posts only

Here's playing with it w/ a 220z bow
here's the base stats + green

here's the result of it 10/5 with 220 orange

Here's a 220z staff to show everyone what to put in

Here's the same in the tool screen

[ Last edited by TomatoAndCheese at 7-31-2015 18:50 ]

Signature
Posted on 2015-07-31 20:57:04 | Show thread starter's posts only

Nice :o I wonder how you calculate the max fuse..

Signature
KingPotato      LittlePotato       
Hestia            Hestia              
Aftermath       Aftermath
Posted on 2015-07-31 22:13:01 | Show thread starter's posts only

cool this will be helpful :D

Signature
Posted on 2015-07-31 22:30:30 | Show thread starter's posts only

Muted  

Signature

Love is an useless thing~
Posted on 2015-08-01 00:16:54 | Show thread starter's posts only

Nice nice! Hope they don't think it's dangerous o//o

Signature
Posted on 2015-08-01 02:16:02 | Show thread starter's posts only

Mod here! (No.. Realy?!)
Giving it approval, here is virustotal scan: https://www.virustotal.com/en/fi ... nalysis/1438413197/

Anyway, on a side note..
Can you make a version that takes spreadsheet information? Or notepad..
Cause then you can have weapon presets.. and gem presets (without hard coding it in!)
And a more adaptive..

You can also turn it into a general calculator pretty easily (with a semi smart calculation!)
If it has MS = Ride equation
If it has Def but no MS = Armor equation
If it has Attack but no MS = Weapon calculation.

Can then make gems more dynamic and...

lalalala~

This is why I leave stuff like this to this man. -licks brain- /Jen

Signature
Posted on 2015-08-01 03:53:50 | Show thread starter's posts only

Weapon Presets are a thing I plan to add, probably starting with the 180z/190z/210z/210top/220z weapons currently in the star event.
And expanding from there.

I plan to make a separate tab for armor completely. but I might make it able for rides+weapons, or for 'simplicity' sake just put a copied and pasted version of the weapon 1 w/o gems on a separate tab and call it something 'new' AKA rides

Literally was only a quick work on the side for the past day, or two due to being busy.
I'll improve with revisions

EDIT:
I also updated the program so that tabbing(for those lazy people like me) tab you down to the next input field in the correct order.
Also made it so it starts out on 120 and Red for runes, so people don't just hit calculate, see it go 'what' and crash and then give up on it.

[ Last edited by TomatoAndCheese at 8-1-2015 03:55 ]

Signature
Posted on 2015-08-01 13:33:04 | Show thread starter's posts only

I made one a while ago with hard coded b-s items.
It's why I thought of what I did. Cause if you can pull from a notepad file, then you can change the presets without having the master copy.

Well, they do all have different formulas, so that kinda makes sense.

I'm just thinking of ideas cause I like to xD

Like you do an if statement Err.. psuedo-coded in vb psuedo..,

I'll rework mine tonight and show you what I mean.

Signature
Posted on 2015-08-01 15:29:36 | Show thread starter's posts only

I get what you mean, I plan to have a sub folder that come with it full of most likely xml's with the stats of weapons.
It would just take a bit of time.
I made a stat/damage calculator back in like.. 2009 when I first started programming and it was hard coded like that, but with the # of weapons,with what we have now it'd be quite the work load to do, especially why working a full time job as a programmer.. YC-Monkey137

Signature