Angels Online Today: 0    Total Posts: 24132

Total:#4

Create Thread

[Guides and Tutorials] How to transfer AB settings from your old server to the new one

[Copy link] 3/2204

Posted on 2015-01-29 08:29:38 | Show thread starter's posts only

Hello guys! With the server merge, all of us lost our AB settings. But they are not lost – they are just chilling in a folder on your computer, pointing at the old server instead of the new one. This guide will explain how you can transfer your old settings to the new server.

First, you need to find the folder where these files are. If you are using Windows 7 or newer, it should be located in C:\Users\(YourUser)\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Angels Online\save\data

For previous versions of Windows, try to find in the Programs\Angels Online folder.

In that folder you can find your stall information, quest information, and AB settings. Here are the formats of the names:

Stall files: (ServerNumber)(CharacterName).txt
Quest files: Quest_(ServerNumber)_(Username)_(CharacterName).data
AB files: RobotData_(ServerNumber)_(Username)_(CharacterName).data

If you have characters in more than one server, you can check which are the right files with this list:
Haniel: 1
Nisroc: 2
Sofiel: 3
Forcas: 4
Havoc: 5
Gaea: 6
Athena: 8
Nyx: 9

And the new server numbers we need are these:
Pegasus: 6
Chronos: 7
Thanatos: 8

Warning: log out of all your accounts before changing any files in this folder, or your client will crash!

The only thing you need to do now is replace the old server number by the new server number, and your info will appear on the new server. If you have a few characters only, you can change the filenames manually. If you are like me and have too many to do that, let's use a trick to change them all at once – this trick will delete all AB/quest settings you created in the new server, and replace them with the ones you had on your old server.

Open up Notepad and paste the following text there, based on which server you were before:

Haniel:
@echo off & setlocal enabledelayedexpansion
del /Q Quest_6_*
ren Quest_1_* Quest_6_*
del /Q RobotData_6_*
ren RobotData_1_* RobotData_6_*
del /Q changename.bat*

Nisroc:
del /Q Quest_8_*
ren Quest_2_* Quest_8_*
del /Q RobotData_8_*
ren RobotData_2_* RobotData_8_*
del /Q changename.bat*

Sofiel:
del /Q Quest_7_*
ren Quest_3_* Quest_7_*
del /Q RobotData_7_*
ren RobotData_3_* RobotData_7_*
del /Q changename.bat*

Forcas:
del /Q Quest_6_*
ren Quest_4_* Quest_6_*
del /Q RobotData_6_*
ren RobotData_4_* RobotData_6_*
del /Q changename.bat*

Havoc:
del /Q Quest_7_*
ren Quest_5_* Quest_7_*
del /Q RobotData_7_*
ren RobotData_5_* RobotData_7_*
del /Q changename.bat*

Gaea:
del /Q Quest_8_*
ren Quest_6_* Quest_8_*
del /Q RobotData_8_*
ren RobotData_6_* RobotData_8_*
del /Q changename.bat*

Athena:
del /Q Quest_7_*
ren Quest_8_* Quest_7_*
del /Q RobotData_7_*
ren RobotData_8_* RobotData_7_*
del /Q changename.bat*

Nyx:
del /Q Quest_8_*
ren Quest_9_* Quest_8_*
del /Q RobotData_8_*
ren RobotData_9_* RobotData_8_*
del /Q changename.bat*

Now save the file to the data folder you found before, with the name “changename.bat”. Close Notepad.

Log out of all your accounts before the next step, or you will crash your client and lose your AB settings!

Double-click on the file you just created and wait a few seconds. The file should disappear and all your AB/quest files are now pointing to the new server! Login to your character and see for yourself.

Feel free to reply with any questions/comments you may have or any mistakes you find. :)

Signature
Aftermath
Chronos
Posted on 2015-01-29 21:46:59 | Show thread starter's posts only

Isn`t it easier to just set AB settings again?

Signature
KingPotato      LittlePotato       
Hestia            Hestia              
Aftermath       Aftermath
Posted on 2015-01-29 22:13:44 | Show thread starter's posts only

Not when you've got 20+ chars and a life to get back to.  e.e   I'm not even sure I could remember how to set some of them it's been so long. XD

Signature
Posted on 2015-01-30 06:01:22 | Show thread starter's posts only

Yeah that what was the reason I made this. I have way too many alts with settings I wanted to keep. I also changed the stall files on mine so I wouldn't have to price 20 items again, that would be painful too.

It seems pretty easy to do from the user side: just copy/paste the script, save it and run it. I tried to keep this guide as simple as possible, but I admit it might be complicated if you never found the folder with the settings before and are not used to it. I'm used to going there because I created a "sample" AB file for my desert alts that deletes all the useless items from the level up boxes, and so I need to go into that folder every time I create a new alt, but it's still easier than deleting them manually. If anyone is interested I can explain how I do it (and I promise it's script-free this time :P)

Signature
Aftermath
Chronos