Angels Online Today: 0    Total Posts: 24122

Total:#18

Create Thread

[Guides and Tutorials] Getting Into AO files

[Copy link] 17/6994

Posted on 2014-08-27 15:12:23 | Show thread starter's posts only

Please Note: This is to teach people how to get information they want from the game client. The goal of this is not to introduce people to exploits that can be used.

Since it has been a while, and since UJ doesn't seem to have changed how the files are accessible for quite a few expansions, I present you this method. (There are a few that already have this, hopefully this clears up how to use it.)

Download:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/100359752/RPGViewer.rar

Step 1: Select the right game.
This is the path to ALO/AO

(As you can see there are a lot of games and companies you can use this for.)

Step 2: Direct it to the correct game folder.

This is the Change game path option. Basically, you direct it to the folder AO/ALO is stored at. Mine is called Angels Online0

Step 3: Select which .pak you want to open then extract it.

Create and select a folder for this, since it is rather large. Especially if you do Export => All images..
In Advanced Extract you can select what to extract. In Batch extract you can do multiple files at once.
Options => Settings will let you set format for images. It defaults to bmp. It might default to .png for everyone that downloads this copy since it's just an archive of my copy.

Signature
Posted on 2014-08-28 07:08:45 | Show thread starter's posts only

what kind of information i can get via this ? like what each boss drops?

Signature
Posted on 2014-08-28 07:46:17 | Show thread starter's posts only

Ahmm SHP files are given to the extracted files? what should i do next? XD

Signature
Posted on 2014-08-28 14:32:42 | Show thread starter's posts only

Reply 2# EvaSaint's post
The normal things that people say they find in files.

Item information, Pet information, What all of the new achievements were, in game systems information, quests information. Those things.
Mob and Boss drops are slightly harder to find, sometimes impossible. Serv_Drop.xml is what you are looking for there. Though, the one we have is outdated at best.

Reply 3# Osirin02's post
There are specific programs to open SHP (Though, if I remember like everything in AO it is coded just a tad different.). It's short for shape. Shape files are just what in game items look like.. If you want to see those you can either use extract => picture (which will transfer all images into one folder) or you can view them through rpgviewer itself. There are icons on the toolbar to view them.

Most people are only interested in the SETTINGS folder since it has the readable information.

Signature
Posted on 2014-08-28 18:45:20 | Show thread starter's posts only

So, is this the same for say the Chinese/Japanese version?

More or less for someone who wants to make an English patch for those versions :p

Signature
Posted on 2014-08-28 21:07:44 | Show thread starter's posts only

Yeah, same for the chinese, assume similar for the japanese.

You can actually steal some of the files from AO and over ride the chinese files. Others you can grab the english from one and copy it over to the chinese file. Gotta make sure to keep the parts that the english doesn't have though. (Magic.xml for example has skills placed in various sections, so you have to go bit by bit for transfer) can teach you a way to highlight those easily too.

I've actually provided a translation for a bit for the chinese.. would need to do a bit of digging to find some of the files. Shoot me a pm if you ever get stuck. Period of a few months.

there was some adjustments someone made to the windows so that it all fits. I think I still have a copy of that.

[ Last edited by stubborness at 8-28-2014 18:09 ]

Signature
Posted on 2014-08-28 21:50:59 | Show thread starter's posts only

haha diving back into files are we ;) ive found some cool stuff while i was bored digging around..

Signature
Posted on 2014-08-28 22:14:19 | Show thread starter's posts only

Had this for an extremely long time, since the lock-out actually. Made a few programs for the files as well since it makes life easier. Those are mostly private though. Partly because they are incomplete (missing labels really) or for things like quick referencing of specific variables.

Gave a few people access priorly with an asking to keep it hidden at the time, since multi-access could lead to a new lock out. Decided a lock out isn't much risk at the moment. Also makes it so quality of answers goes up since it can be checked in most cases.

Of course, I have an alternate motive as well. It allows me to back off a bit from being an info source if more people can find the answers. For some of the harder things (pets and how they actually relate to eachother in growth for instance. [And no @Soldier I haven't forgotten. I'm doubting my own results in the charts cause it seems so... meh. So I am triple checking.]) it makes sense for someone who has experience in the files to answer, since that needs a bit of work to understand. For things like what stats does x have.. Well, people can find that easily.

[ Last edited by stubborness at 8-28-2014 19:30 ]

Signature
Posted on 2014-08-28 22:42:52 | Show thread starter's posts only

tq for not forgot it....but that not really important right now.....can u/anyone check elite(elite raging wanderer) drop at fox shrine for me pls.....did they lock the drop now? did ab that elite but only tix n gem drop....back b4 i did drop some 195a item from snail...

Signature
Posted on 2014-08-28 23:29:24 | Show thread starter's posts only

Only way is to manually check, since serv_drop is so out of date. (At least, as far as I have heard. I haven't actually looked for it) Also.. My drop luck is rather terrible. As in.. I can AB for days and drop nothing. You may be able to ask IGG through service center.. You would need to get a good G.M and would need to see if they can forward the request to Tech Team. Could also ask through the Admin (I suggest PM if you try this route.)

Everything at or below 200 (at least A class) should be unlocked though it's not usual for them to lock something at one level when they have higher level drops available. (S-class is typically locked at one level, A/B class tends to be the same level for lock.) They could have changed the drops as of last maint I suppose, but they tend not to mess with them beyond at expansion launch..

Signature