Angels Online Today: 9    Total Posts: 953585

Total:#121

Create Thread

[Guides and Tutorials] New: Multi-Client Quick Launcher

Hot Topics Spotlight [Copy link] 120/45628

Posted on 2011-03-29 14:09:16 | Show thread starter's posts only

Figured it was about time I contributed something new.

One of the most pesky things about AO is when you *cough* want to start up a dozen producers, and have to deal with the launcher. Hell, even just launching a single client can be a pain if your PC is slow at figuring out if theres updates.

So, I wrote this pathetically simple program () to launch many clients quickly. If you really want it, you can get the source using .net reflector.

But, here's usage:

First, unzip  the archive copy the enclosed file to your AO directory:

Then, you can either just run it from there i.e. double click and see the simple little console line asking how many you want to start. There's no safety on this, so if you type in 200000 you'll probably crash your PC. It won't start anything if you give it garbage input (like "Poop").

If for some reason you want to use this via the command line, for scheduled task starting or batch file or something or other, you can use[code]quicklaunch numclients[/code]where numclients is (obviously) how many clients you want to start.

Note that this makes no attempt to update the client, so if you start a whole ton of un-updated clients they'll probably crash when you find the new content in-game.

-Andy

Signature
Posted on 2011-03-29 14:16:49 | Show thread starter's posts only

I love you andy o.o

Signature
Posted on 2011-03-29 14:19:34 | Show thread starter's posts only

:O omg i love you
YC-Monkey46
thank you very much

Signature
Posted on 2011-03-29 14:25:57 | Show thread starter's posts only

SOOOO CHHHHEEEEATTTTTTTTTT *.*
***steals and runs***

Signature
Posted on 2011-03-29 14:33:17 | Show thread starter's posts only

Wow, you just saved me some 5 mins of waiting for the launcher to start.. Thanks :)

Signature
Posted on 2011-03-29 15:38:32 | Show thread starter's posts only

hey andy if u could give u karma i would
Sadly my main account is banned so not able to.cute35rabbit
Here's my imaginary karma bonus! _______ cute45rabbit

Signature
Posted on 2011-03-29 16:34:53 | Show thread starter's posts only

O.O

my hero !!! Now its veeeeeeeeeeeery fast x3

Signature
Posted on 2011-03-29 18:56:37 | Show thread starter's posts only

can u show me pictures of like what happensa fter u do that cuz i have a vista and i have the protection thing where u have 2 click let this program run or cancel or agree o-o dos it get past that or u hv 2 take off and do u know how if so o-o sry for many questions

Signature
Posted on 2011-03-29 18:58:36 | Show thread starter's posts only

It should get past that IF you run it as an administrator. Or it might ask literally many times.

Personally, I always had UAC (the protection thing) turned off since it doesn't really do anythin other than annoy ya

Signature
Posted on 2011-03-30 04:59:17 | Show thread starter's posts only

*shakes head at Andy*...

Is it your goal in life to make me even lazier?!? If so, please design something where all I have to do is think, and my characters do what I want.

*sits and waits for it*

Nice program though =p

Signature